Thursday, November 26, 2009

welcome

Sometime in late December, or more likely January, The Ukulele Project will be available to the general public on Compact Disc and Digital Download.  This is very exciting news, as it has been quite a long time since Nick Odato and I composed "Ukulele in the Morning" while trying to entertain a group of pre-bar mitzvah teens and their parents.

The album will have 14 tracks, all performed on the ukulele and all featuring the word "ukulele" somewhere in the lyrics.  I was fortunate enough to have two great friends and musicians join me in the studio, Jeff Bartolini on Upright Bass and Jeff Marion on Grand Piano and Hammond Organ, as well as several others help out by adding their vocal talents.  It's a fun record with a unique sound, interesting and original songwriting, and some great performances.  I am guessing that most people will like what they hear.

I will do my best to keep you updated on all things related to the album release as well as the inevitable live performances that will commence after the start of the new year.  For now take a look at my facebook and myspace pages where you can listen to some demo recordings which aren't nearly as good as the studio recordings will be.

the ukulele project on myspace
and on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment