Sunday, December 12, 2010

December Ukulele Updates

Hello Everybody,

In the spirit of the holidays, and with the help of Connor Garvey, I have recorded the following video as a gift to my mailing list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8AeBYJXyRU

If you're in the Portland, ME area I'll be playing at Local Sprouts this Friday with a few other local acts. It will be great to return to the venue where I kicked off the Ukulele by Bicycle Tour

Speaking of the Ukulele by Bicycle Tour, a huge thank you to everybody who played a part in making the tour a success. Thank you to all of those who helped to organize or promote a concert, gave me a place to stay or a meal, came out to the shows and participated in the music. You all played a part in a very special adventure and I couldn't have done it without you. When all was said and done I rode my bicycle from Portland, Maine to Americus, Georgia and performed in 40 communities along the way, a total distance of 2,249 miles. I didn't count broken spokes or flat tires, but for the most part my bicycle held up wonderfully (a lot of that is due to the tune-up done by the folks at the Bethlehem Bicycle Cooperative).

There are wonderful memories from every stop along the tour and I'll try to write some stories in detail on my blog over the course of the winter. Here are a few that stand out: a short kayak on the Musconetcong River thanks to the Musconetcong Watershed Association, picking arugula and generally spending a quality day off with the people at Lynchburg Grows, jamming with Snidely Sidewinder and the Unrepentant Uke Boys - Spartanburg, SC's most bike friendly ukulele band. Above all, it was great to see so many people come out to support organizations that are doing work in their community.

For photos, videos, stories and general information about the Ukulele by Bicycle Tour, check out my blog. I'll be taking some time away from the road this winter, but may be heading back out next summer.

Shows

Friday December 17: Local Sprouts Cafe, Portland, ME w/Butcher Boy and Hannah Mencher 8pm
Saturday February 12: The Radio Bean, Burlington, VT 8pm

The Ukulele Project

As always the record can be purchased at all shows and at the following internet locations:

itunes
cd baby

Connect

Feel free to connect with me on the following social networks:

facebook
twitter
youtube
reverbnation
myspace

Thanks for listening and have a great day!

-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment